2014-01-01

明けましておめでとう~ + Project Announcement "Voice Calendar; Story of 365 Days"

A Happy New Year to one and all!

Over the past year, this blog has been receiving a few more hits. Thank you!
I'm still updating my LiveJournal, and I'm still in the process of moving the translations I am completely happy with to this blog.

Also, as a New Year's resolution, I decided to start a daily project. Don't worry, I'll keep translating lyrics when I feel like doing so or when someone requests them. I just want to introduce a little bit of Japanese culture as well.

So, what's this new project?


It's the translation of a drama CD series; "Voice Calendar, Story of 365 Days"

To keep things orderly, I opened up a new blog for Drama CD (track) translations only, and this is where these daily posts will go. Only the intorduction and Opening track will be presented here

On the Drama CD journal I will upload the mp3 belonging to the translation. It is only for sampling purposes and will be up for 30 days only, after which I'll take the link to the mp3 down.

I'll be translating a little more freely with this series than I normally do with lyrics. feedback will be much appreciated~


General series introduction ・ Chapter One - Heart Introduction

--------------------------------------------

General series introduction

It is  common to have special days during the year, New Year's being one of them, Christmas, Valentine, Halloween, being examples of others. Now, in Japan there are many days with a perticular name, some days even having more than one name. This is what this drama CD series is about.

The original series is about a land of cards where there is not a single special day. The cards get bored and decide to set out on a journey. The series consists of 4 "chapters", each for a different suit of cards. Every chapter covers three months of the year with three different (male) voiceactors.

Details:
Label: モモグレ (momogre - Momo Grape)
Link: http://www.momogre.com/index.html
Year of publishing: 2007-2008
Heart  -  January – February – March
Kamiya Hiroshi
Yoshino Hiroyuki
Kishio Daisuke

Dia  -  April – May – June
Ono Daisuke
Hoshi Souichirou
Hirakawa Daisuke

Club  -  July – August – September
Taniyama Kisho
Yusa Kouji
Suzumura Ken’ichi

Spade  -  October – November – December

Sugita Tomokazu
Ishida Akira
Nakai Kazuya
You can buy the CDs at amazon.co.jp:

--------------------------------------------

Story of 365 Days ~ Chapter Heart

- Ace
- Jack
- King



Opening

Once upon a time, there was a small world of trump cards.
Heart, Diamond, Club, Spade. In this world of trumps there were four countries, but in none of these countries was a differentiation between days.
Every day was “Nothing Special Day”. Every day was the same as the previous one. The three princes of the land of Hearts were tired of those days. Seeking “Special Days”, they set out for a journey.

Ace
    “My name is Ace. Ace of Hearts. Huh? ‘What a strange name’? It’s none of your business.”

Jack
    “My name is Jack of Hearts. Pleased to meet you! You know, all of us are very good at divination. Because, you know, we’re trump cards and all.”

King
    “It’s a pleasure to meet you, I’m King of Hearts. Ah, I'd like to know your name as well~”

No comments:

Post a Comment