2014-01-20

Project announcement - New Drama CD Project "Warumono (warai) series" + Preview


On my Drama CD blog I am working on the Warumono (warai) series (わるもの(笑)シリーズ), which I dubbed "Bad guys (lol) series", consisting of two CDs:
1) Wataru Seken wa Oni Darake (渡る世間は鬼だらけ) released October 22, 2011
2) Ookami wa Tsurai yo  (狼はつらいよ) released October 26, 2011

The series takes three well known stories with a common "bad guy" and retells the them in a completely different, and generally quite humorous, way.

The first CD tells three stories where the bad guy is an Oni, a Japanese Ogre like creature.
- Momotarou
- Issun Boushi
- Original story with hint to Kobutori Ojiisan

The voice actors for the this CD are:
- Fujiwara Keiji (藤原啓治)
- Okiayu Ryoutarou (置鮎龍太郎)
- Konishi Katsuyuki (小西克幸)
- Sakurai Takahiro (櫻井孝宏)


The second CD tells three stories about the big bad wolf.
- Little Red Riding Hood
- The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids
- The Three Little Pigs

The voice actors for the this CD are:
- Shimono Hiro (下野紘)
- Yoshino Hiroyuki (吉野裕行)
- Yasumoto Hiroki (安元洋貴)
- Yasumura Makoto (保村真)


You can buy the CDs here
1)    animate  amazon (jp)
2)    animate  amazon (jp)

I intend to have the first story of the first CD out on my Drama CD blog around the beginning of February. You can listen to / read a preview below the cut.


Of course, the Story of 365 Days project will still be updated daily.


~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~

Preview "Wataru Seken wa Oni Darake"   ・   Preview "Ookami wa Tsurai yo"


~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~

"Wataru Seken wa Oni Darake"

*This is only a preview of about one minute. The layout below is not final either.*

Cast:
R → Aka Oni = Red Oni → Fujiwara Keiji (藤原啓治)
B → Ao Oni = Blue Oni → Okiayu Ryoutarou (置鮎龍太郎)
Y → Ki Oni = Yellow Oni → Konishi Katsuyuki (小西克幸)
H → Helper at Karaoke-bar → Sakurai Takahiro (櫻井孝宏)


1 - Karaoke - the first
Bad guys (lol) series - Edition: Oni version
Travelling through the world, filled with oni

R    Sorry I'm late.
B    Aaah, Aka Oni. (TN: "Red Oni")
R    Yo, Ao Oni (TN: "Blue Oni"), it's been a while.
Y    It sure has been.
R    You're here as well, Ki Oni (TN: Yellow Oni).
B    What kept you, Aka Oni?
R    I can't really help it. Onigashima (TN: Oni Island) is an isolated island, so it was quite a feat to get here.
Y    You're here now so have a seat.
R    Thanks.
*sits down*
R    By the by, you two are looking good. How long has it been?
Y    About a hundred years, I'd say.
R    Also, what is this place? For how small the room is, isn't the television a little huge? Isn't the balance a bit off?
B    You don't know karaoke, Aka Oni?
R    O.. Of course I know of it! It's just that on my island it isn't like this. Like, old people gather in the living room...
Y    That's a public hall, you're speaking of.
B    That's what you get with isolated islands.
R    Zip it!
[01.10] *knocking*
H    Excuse me. Has everyone arrived?
B    Yes, just now. Sorry for letting you wait. Please bring out the orders.
H    Understood. Well then, I'd like to welcome you to Karaoke Paradise Akibahara.


~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~・~

"Ookami wa Tsurai yo"

*This is only a preview of about one minute. The layout below is not final either.*
*As this first part of the track is a monologue, all lines are spoken by the wolf and I decided not to specify the speaker in the text below.*

Cast:
W → Wolf → Shimono Hiro (下野紘)



1 - The Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood
Bad guys (lol) series - Edition: The big bad wolf
Drama CD - It's tough to be a wolf

*starts writing a letter* 'My dearest mommy-' no. 'Mom-' nope. 'Mother,
It has already been a few months since I left home to become a big bad wolf. Don't worry about me, I'm doing fine. I'm a good hunter and even now I am aiming for the title "king of the forest". Really. Recently I even fought a bear bigger than me and... And...
*cries*
I can't tell her. I cannot tell her I haven't had any successful hunt! I haven't even caught a rabbit, let alone a bear! It's only because I do zilch that I somehow have managed to live of of mushrooms, but it's not like I want to be a vegetarian or anything! I don't care how popular passive, herbivorous guys are... Have you ever heard of a herbivorous wolf?!
Come to think of it, are passive, herbivorous guys even that popular? It's not like I have them queueing up for me or anything...


Note:
Herbivorous has a literal meaning (the not eating meat one), but also a figurative one. "Herbivorous guys" are passive guys who do not chase skirts. They let the woman make the first move. Here, our dear wolf is mixing up the literal and figurative meaning of the phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment